We invite submission of papers that present novel concepts, methods, technologies, and results on Knowledge Augmented NLP. Papers that introduce new theoretical proofs or methods, offer a better understanding of emerging concepts, conduct extensive empirical experiments, and/or demonstrate a novel NLP application or platform are strongly encouraged.The topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge-augmented language model pre-training
- Knowledge-augmented language model fine-tuning
- Retrieval augmentation with unstructured data
- Retrieval augmentation with structured data
- Language models augmented with commonsense
- Language models augmented with knowledge graphs
- Scalable machine learning architectures in KnowledgeNLP products/platforms
- Knowledge-augmented NLP for user modeling and query understanding
- Knowledge-augmented NLP for e-commerce and recommender systems
- Knowledge-augmented NLP for social media analysis and affective computing
- Knowledge-augmented NLP for education, healthcare, and other applications
- Human-centric NLP with knowledge
- Human-centric NLP for social good
Regular papers are limited to a total of 9 pages, excluding all references and optional appendix. We also accept short papers, which can be ranged from 4 to 6 pages excluding all references. All submissions must be in PDF format and formatted according to the standard ACM SIGKDD Proceedings Template. Following this ACM SIGKDD conference submission policy, reviews are double-blind, and author names and affiliations should NOT be listed. Submitted papers will be assessed based on their novelty, technical quality, potential impact, and clarity of writing. For papers that rely heavily on empirical evaluations, the experimental methods and results should be clear, well executed, and repeatable. Authors are strongly encouraged to make code publicly available.
The workshop papers are non-archival, and there is no dual submission restriction for this workshop. For dual submission and anonymity requirement of other conferences, please check the corresponding conference's policy.
The accepted papers will be posted on the workshop website and will not appear in the ACM SIGKDD proceedings.
The accepted papers are recommended to be submitted to AI Open. The publication must be original and must not be under consideration for publication in any other journals. Please read Guide for Authors before submitting. All papers should be submitted online.
- Paper submission deadline: May 30th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: June 23rd, 2023
- Camera ready deadline: June 30th, 2023
All deadlines are 11:59pm UTC-12 ("anywhere on Earth")